Interested in a career in Operations or R&D?
We are looking for two interns to join our team for 8 to 12 weeks during the summer of
2019. Working at Switchee will give you hands-on experience in a fast-paced and dynamic
start-up. Switchee’s main purpose is to alleviate fuel poverty, starting in the UK but also
We may be only three years old, but it’s already been quite a ride!
Our first product, the internet connected Switchee thermostat is already in 40 of the biggest
housing providers in the UK. We’re growing 100% year on year and are backed by some of
the best-known investors in technology and social impact. Our next project is to build the
ultimate connected hub for the social home. It’s going to revolutionise the way residents
interact with their properties and landlords manage their homes.
One in five households in the UK live in social housing, a sector with the right values at its
core but that has historically struggled to deploy innovations in the home. Many residents
still can’t afford to heat their homes and live in cold, mouldy properties they can’t be proud
of. At Switchee, we believe that everyone deserves to live in a decent home and that the
environments we inhabit have a massive influence on our ability to enjoy life and prosper.
Read more about Switchee’s values and culture here.
- We firmly believe extraordinary people can come from a wide range of backgrounds,
however, for the R&D role, you would ideally be working towards your degree in
- You are available for between 8 to 12 weeks during the summer of 2019 (the longer, the better).
We are a diverse bunch of people at Switchee. That said, there are some characteristics we
always look for:
- You deeply care about Switchee’s mission; you have a desire to build something
revolutionary, that will disrupt an industry, and positively impact ordinary people’s
- You care about the environment, are interested in energy efficiency and have
thought about the challenges and opportunities posed by an evolving domestic
- You like technology and neat solutions to complex problems
- You thrive on challenge and change; you naturally gravitate to the hardest questions
first and love thinking differently to solve them.
- You are biased towards action and you’re happiest when you’re ‘getting stuff done’.
- You’re open, positive & straightforward. You’re not afraid to stand up for your
convictions, even when it’s hard to do so.
- You delight in your colleagues’ successes and thrive on your failures; you grasp any opportunity for learning and constantly seek to improve.
What we can offer you:
- A fully paid internship with competitive salaries
- A fun and flexible working environment in central London with regular outings and social events
If you believe in the same things, don’t hesitate any longer, apply now! Send us your cover letter and CV and we will be in touch!
Candidates must be able to attend an in-person interview at our office in London.